Amprobe PRM-6 Phase Sequence and Motor Rotation Tester
- 3-phase wire sequence indication
- Error displays (missing phase, one input connected to neutral or PE)
- Non-contact, wireless motor rotation detection on running motors
- Indicates motor rotation of disconnected motors when spinning the shaft by hand or other means
- 3-phase to phase voltage up to 700 V
- Clear backlit LCD display
- Durable rubber casing for 3 ft. (1 m) drop proof protection
- Safety: CAT IV 600 V
If you install or connect 3-phase motors and systems, you recognize the importance of verifying the correct motor rotation and wiring phase sequence. Improper connections can cause motors to rotate in reverse direction, potentially damaging the motor and the equipment it is powering.
The PRM-6 Motor and Phase Rotation Tester can test the motor rotation of 3-phase systems, and verify 3-phase receptacle wiring and phase sequencing with test leads.
An additional advanced feature is wireless motor rotation detection, which senses motor rotation direction without use of test leads. This is particularly useful for fast-running motors when the motor rotation cannot be visually determined or when the drive shaft is not visible.