- The 40AR is an IEC 61094 WS2P/D ½” externally polarized random-incidence microphone with rear-venting. Read about the prepolarized equivalent [40AQ]
- The 40AR is a high-precision condenser microphone made according to IEC 61094-4 requirements. It also fulfills the requirements of ANSI S1.4.
- This extremely robust and reliable microphone is ideal for random, diffuse, and reverberant sound fields. For a random-incidence microphone, it has a very wide frequency response ranging from3.15 Hz to 16 kHz.
- 40AR is individually factory-calibrated and delivered with a calibration chart stating its specific open-circuit sensitivity and pressure frequency response.
Typical applications and use
- The 40AR is optimized to measure sound levels correctly in random (diffuse) sound fields e.g. caused by multiple sound sources or hard reverberant surfaces. Random incidence microphones are used e.g. inside vehicles.
- The 40AR is included in the GRAS 46AR 1/2″ LEMO Random Incidence Standard Microphone Set.
- The 40AR requires a standardized 1/2″ or 1/4″ LEMO preamplifier and an input module that supports this technology with a 7-pin LEMO connector.
- For daily verification and check of your measurement setup, we recommend using a calibrator like GRAS Sound Level Calibrator 42AG
- For proper sensitivity calibration, we recommend using a pistonphone like GRAS Intelligent Pistonphone 42AP.
- When leaving the factory, all GRAS microphones have been calibrated in a controlled laboratory environment using traceable calibration equipment. Depending on the use, measurement environment and internal quality control programs we recommend that the microphone is recalibrated at least once a year.
- We offer two kinds of calibration as an optional after-sales service: GRAS Traceable Calibration and GRAS Accredited Calibration.
- GRAS Traceable Calibration is a traceable calibration performed by trained personnel under controlled conditions according to established procedures and standards. This is identical to the rigorous calibration that all GRAS microphones are subjected to as an integral part of our quality assurance.
- GRAS Accredited Calibration is performed by the GRAS Accredited Calibration Laboratory that has been accredited in accordance with ISO 17025 by DANAK, the Danish Accreditation Fund.
- If you want a new microphone set delivered with an accredited calibration in stead of the default factory calibration, specify this when ordering.
- Learn more at gras/calib.