The AFG2021 Arbitrary Function Generator gives you the power to create the signals you need at an entry-level price. With 20 MHz bandwidth, 14-bit resolution, and 250 MS/s sample rate, you can generate all manner of signals — from complex serial data streams to simple audio frequencies or clock signals to the output of an airbag sensor during a crash. With 12 standard waveforms, modulation capability, and a built-in noise generator, you can quickly create the signal you need to thoroughly exercise your designs.
Notice to EU customers
This product is not updated to comply with the RoHS 2 Directive 2011/65/EU and will not be shipped to the EU. Customers may be able to purchase products from inventory that were placed on the EU market prior to July 22, 2017 until supplies are depleted. Tektronix is committed to helping you with your solution needs. Please contact your local sales representative for further assistance or to determine if alternative product(s) are available. Tektronix will continue service to the end of worldwide support life.
Key performance specifications
- 20 MHz sine, 10 MHz pulse waveforms provide coverage for your most common applications
- 250 MS/s sampling rate and 14-bit vertical resolution enable the creation of high-fidelity signals
- The innovative UI reduces setup and evaluation time with direct access to frequently used functions and parameters
- The internal 4 × 128 kS memory and the USB memory expansion capability provide substantial capacity for defining complex waveforms
- USB remote control port and USB flash drive port are included. GPIB and LAN interfaces are available as an option
- Built-in Modulation, Noise Generator, Burst, and Sweep modes for greater versatility
- Built-in waveforms provide quick access to commonly used signals
- Large 3.5 inch color screen displays both graphical and numeric waveform information simultaneously
- Menu and online help in 8 languages
- 2U height and half-rack width fits both benchtop and rack-mounted applications
- Free ArbExpress software makes waveform editing and downloading extremely easy
- Free SignalExpress software combines Tektronix bench instruments into a low-cost solution for automatic testing
- Electronic test and design
- Sensor simulation
- Education and training
- Functional test
- System integration
Superior performance at an affordable price
Most electronic devices, circuits, and systems are designed to handle some form of a signal. These signals can be simple like an audio frequency or clock signal or more complex like a serial data stream or the output of an airbag sensor during a crash. With 20 MHz bandwidth, 14-bit resolution, and 250 MS/s sample rate, the AFG2021 Arbitrary Function Generator can create both simple and complex signals at an entry-level price. With 12 standard waveforms, modulation capability, and a built-in noise generator, you can quickly create the signal you need to thoroughly exercise your designs.
Intuitive user interface
The innovative ease-of-use features first seen on the AFG3000 Series arbitrary/function generators are the building blocks for the AFG2021, providing quick access to setup and operational features. Experienced AFG3000 users will find it especially easy to set up the new AFG2021. A 3.5 inch color TFT screen shows relevant parameters in both graphic and text formats, so you can have full confidence in your settings and focus on the task at hand. The front-panel shortcut buttons and rotary knob provide quick access to the most frequently used functions and settings.
Excellent frequency agility
Traditional function generators created their output signals using analog oscillators and signal conditioning. The Tektronix AFG2021 relies on Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) techniques. DDS technology synthesizes waveforms by using a single clock frequency to generate any frequency within the instrument’s range. DDS architecture provides exceptional frequency agility, making it possible to program fast frequency and phase changes, which is useful for testing radio and satellite system components, amplifiers, and filters.