The Fluke 772 loop meter adds to the basic capabilities of the Fluke 771 to save more time and expand its applications. With the 771, you’ll also be able to: source and simulate 4-20 mA signals for testing control system I/O; measure 4-20 mA signals with in-circuit measurement; power a transmitter with the 24 V loop power supply; and automatically ramp and step change the 4-20 mA output for remote testing.
You’ll be able to test 4–20 mA signals five times faster than with traditional DMMs, and without breaking the loop. That means you can troubleshoot a live device without having to power down, which can save you time, and help you avoid possibly missing something going on in the process.
Other useful features:
- Simulates 4-20 mA signals for testing control system I/O
- Sources 4 to 20 mA signals for testing control system I/O or I/Ps
- Measures 4 to 20 mA signals with in-circuit measurement
- Includes simultaneous mA in-circuit measurement with 24V loop power for powering and testing transmitters
- Features a detachable clamp with extension cable for measurements in tight locations
- Captures and displays changing measurements with Hold function
- Offers mA output linear ramp or 25% step output
- Extends battery life with auto-off and backlight timeout
- Dual backlit display with both mA measurement and percent of 4 to 20 mA span
- Measurement Spotlight to illuminate hard to see wires in dark enclosures
- Measures 10 to 50 mA signals in older control systems using the 99.9 mA range
- Automatically changes the 4 to 20 mA output for remote testing