• Mounting divided to Hot Mounting(Thermosets – Phenolic, Epoxy, Acrylic) and Cold Mounting (Acrylic, Epoxy, Polyester)
• Mounting helps easy Abrasion, protect edge of specimen and keep consistency of material surface
• Hot Mounting Resin is Powder Type and Cold Mounting Resin is Liquid Type
• The important point of Hot Mounting is Resin’s condition. If Resin’s material is not match with Pressure and Temperature requirement, it can make crack on the sample’s surface or make big scratch on complete sample.
Therefore, need to know character of material to find best Pressure and Temperature
• Acrylic Resin has high-transparent character
• User can see inside of mounted sample where use want to see
• Mold Pressure : 200 ~ 240kgf/cm2
• Mold Temperature : 150 ~ 180 ℃
• Epoxy Resin : Harder than other Resins. Use for keep edge of specimen
• In case of user mounted with other resins to see edge of specimen, cause of low hardness, specimen can get some damage but Epoxy resin keep edge more harder than other resins.
• Mold Pressure : 246~295kgf/cm2
• Mold Temperature : 160 ~ 190℃