- The DualX analyzes two X-ray signals – both a high and low energy – for a higher detection rate of low-density items, as well as contaminants not previously detectable by standard X-ray systems.
Principle and features of dual energy sensor system
- Different materials have varying energy-dependent x-ray attenuation coefficients. X-ray images acquired at high energy and low energy will exhibit different attenuation characteristics.
- The x-rays generated from an x-ray inspection system have several energy levels. The dual energy inspection system produces two different images from two different energy x-rays simultaneously.
- High energy x-rays produce a brighter image and low energy x-rays produces a darker image. By subtracting the two images acquired at different energies, the system eliminates an image having the same gray level, leaving only contaminants.
- The dual energy technology delivers the following unique features compared to conventional X-ray technology:
- (1) Low density items can be detected.
- (2) Even overlapping products can be inspected without false rejecting.
Tube voltage 30 to 80 kV, tube current 0.4 to 5.8 mA, output 12 to 350 W
X-ray leakage maximum 1.0 μSv/h or less, prevention of x-ray leakage by safety devices
15-inch color TFT LCD
Touch panel (with touch buzzer)
Detection area 1, 2
Maximum width 390 mm, maximum height 220 mm
Belt speed 3 /
Maximum product weight 4
10 to 60 m/min maximum 5 kg
10 to 40 m/min maximum 10 kg (optional)
Power requirements 5
200 Vac to 240 Vac, single phase, 50/60 Hz, 2100 VA or less
Environmental conditions 7
Temperature: 0°C to 30°C, relative humidity: 30% to 85%, non-condensing
Conveyor: IP66 Other parts: IP65
Stainless steel (SUS304)