- The ST4030A is an impulse winding tester, or surge tester, that combines the functions of both a resistance meter and insulation-withstand testing required for electric motor winding manufacturers to improve quality. Meet the needs of more reliable motor windings in light of the increasing use of electric vehicles and self-driving technology.
How to Use the Hioki Impulse Winding Tester ST4030A
- The ST4030A detects the existence of layer shorts between coil windings, defects that are found in motor inductors. By using a master waveform taken from a reference coil after applying an impulse voltage, and comparing it to the measured waveform across a specific interval of the coil under test, the resulting area difference can help determine pass or fail easily and accurately. In addition, quantification of response waveforms, a new method developed by Hioki, lets you detect even single-turn faults by using a pass/fail distribution plot. Watch this video to learn how to easily make settings and begin testing right away.
- Identify previously undetectable defects
- Detect waveforms with high precision (200 MHz high speed sampling × high 12-bit resolution)
- Identify single-fault turns via quantification of response waveforms into LC and RC values
- Diagnose defective insulation (pseudo-shorts) between motor windings by testing for microscopic partial discharges hidden in noise (option)