- Through a close cooperation with our customers, we know that data-safety is highly important because the costs related to unsuited and unreliable sensors may determine whether your project turns into a success or not.
- For our users, data safety translates directly into requests for easier microphone selection, simple system configuration and reduction of measurement errors.
- To meet these requirements, we invented the microphone set concept. It is simple, reliable and robust and consists of a microphone cartridge and preamplifier combination, which is calibrated as one unit. This eliminates errors because there is only one sensitivity value to account for and the risk of contaminating the interface is eliminated. Combine this with our unique and proven design and you have the most reliable measurement microphone sets available in the industry today.
Typical application and use
- The 46DD is a pressure microphone set and as such optimized for acoustic measurements of the sound source in a closed coupler or the measurement of sound pressure at a boundary or wall; in which case the microphone forms part of the wall and measures the sound pressure on the wall itself.
- Regarding temperature range, see the Specifications. Should higher temperature limits be required, we recommend considering the GRAS probe microphones where the microphone and preamplifier can be isolated from the hot source.
- The GRAS 46DD is a high-performance standard microphone set. In our clean-room environment the set is assembled and sealed with a label. However, the microphone set can be dismounted, if you wish to use the components separately.
- The microphone cartridge is the high-quality GRAS 40DD 1/8″ Prepolarized Pressure Microphone, designed for long-term reliability in multiple environments.
- The preamplifier is the GRAS 26CB Preamplifier which is inclusive TEDS and based on our well-known circuit board substrates. In the industry these are famous for their low self-noise, wide frequency and excellent slew rate performance.
- To perform as specified the GRAS 46DD microphone set requires a constant current input module that can deliver 4 mA and 24 V unloaded CCP voltage supply. If the constant current supply is lower, the capability of driving long cables is reduced and consequently the upper frequency is reduced. If the voltage supply is lower it will influence the upper dynamic range.
- The microphone set is terminated with a Microdot connector. Ready to use coax cable assemblies of various types and lengths are available in standard as well as customized lengths.
- The 46DD is IEEE 1451.4 TEDS 27v. 1.0 compliant. If your measurement platform supports Transducer Electronic Data Sheets you will be able to read and write data like properties and calibration data.