- The PCR-LE Series is a new line of advanced multifunctional AC power supply that has been developed from our PCR-L/LA Series (linear amplifier type). The PCR-LE Series provides high reliability and can be applied to various applications, by taking advantage of the features that can control broadband waveform freely. Moreover, the PCR-LE Series can be configured as a core device of a test system combined with E-loads and Power Analyzers for “Grid Connection Testing” in regard to dispersed power generation, such as Solar Power, Wind Power, Fuel Cell, and Gas Engine referred to as “New Energy Field”.
With various options, the low frequency immunity test and various power enviroment tests are supported. The options for parallel operation and three-phase operation enable you to expand a single-phase system up-to 27kVA, single-phase three wires up-to 54kVA, and a three-phase system up to 81kVA. The system can be applied to a large-scale EMC site for testing of industrial high-capacity air conditioners.
- Wide-ranging specs DC output also supported
- Output voltage rating (AC): 1 to 300V
- Output frequency rating: 1 to 999.9Hz
- Output voltage rating (DC): ± 1.4 to ± 424V
- In addition, the system supports a DC output mode and AC + DC output mode. The system can be useful in a wider range of fields such as chemistry- and physics-related areas.
- Selectable response mode
Allows select of a response mode for the internal amplifier system depending on the load condition and application.
- High-speed response (FAST): *for requesting a rate of power rise/fall
- Normal response (MEDIUM）: for testing various power supply environments
- Highly stable response (SLOW): for power supply for EMC testing sites
- *Excluding PCR6000LE and PCR9000LE
- Power line abnormality simulation
In AC mode, it is possible to simulate power line abnormalities by setting the output of the PCR-LE series system to the state of a power outage, voltage drop (dip), or voltage increase (pop). This allows the ability to test switching power supplies and electronic equipment.
- Various measuring functions
Output voltage/current RMS values, peak voltage/current, effective power/apparent power, and power factor can be measured. It is possible to analyze harmonics (up to 40th order) of the output current.
- Sequence function
The output voltage, frequency, and waveform can be changed along the way, thus, power supply environment testing can be automated. In addition to AC output, DC output and AC + DC output in sequence are also available. With the resolution setting by increments of 0.1 ms, the system provides functions to set the starting phase, sudden phase shift, as well as a jump and pause function.
- Sensing, Regulation adjustment
Even in cases in which load units are installed remotely, the voltage (RMS value) at the end of the load can be stabilized through correction of voltage drops. Hardware sensing and software sensing are provided as sensing function, allowing you to selectively use either one accordingly with the load condition and application.
- Output current control
The current limiting function enables you to control the output current (RMS) at a certain level for continuous operation by a selectable time setting (time/continuous) for a trip operation. Continuity tests for electric facilities (distribution panels, circuit breakers, devices for wiring, etc.) can be performed under stable conditions.
- Eco-friendly function (Power-conservation function)
- Sleep function
The power unit goes into the sleep mode when no output is detected for a certain time to cut down on the power consumption.
- Energy-saving operation function*
You can utilize the energy-saving function to operate only the necessary power unit(s) depending on the required supply load.
*Excluding PCR500LE and PCR1000LE
- External communication
RS232C (equipped as a standard). Remote control available with GPIB, USB, and LAN as options. Using LAN makes it possible to configure highly cost-effective systems, as LXI standard is supported.
- Memory function
It is possible to store up to 99 data sets of the output frequency, voltage (AC/DC), and a cyclic waveform under the waveform bank number on the memory of the main unit.
In addition, you can use USB memory devices to store the data contained on the main unit memory, panel settings, power line abnormality simulations, and sequence data.
- Standard supported
Usable for systems to test conformance to the IEC61000-3 and 4 Series standards. Optional applications software also offered. Please refer to the end of the brochure for details.
- Front panel serving as a remote control
The front panel is detachable. With the optional extension cable, the panel functions as a remote control.
You can operate the PCR-LE unit installed under your work desk/work bench remotely from the front panel connected with the optional extension cable (EC05-PCR).
Comparison with the existing PCR-LA (4 kVA)
- For “system interconnection tests” with reverse load flow
Conforming to the guideline for requirements of system interconnection technologies
*All the simulated reverse load flow power is consumed internally, thus, there will be no reverse load flow to the system.
- Specifications for large capacity
It is possible to expand to 27 kVA (single phase), 54 kVA (single phase 3-wire), and 81 kVA (three phase) by using the parallel, single phase 3-wire, and three phase operation options (expansion operation drivers). This allows the system to be used for large-scale EMC site power or as test power for large-capacity industrial air conditioners.
- Parallel operation
2 kVA or higher model / Max. connectable units: 5 / Max. expansion capacity: Single phase 27 kVA
(Can be expanded to 54 kVA (single phase 3-wire) or 81 kVA (three phase) when used in combination with the single phase 3-wire option or three phase option.)
*The separately-sold expansion operation driver is required.
- Single phase 3-wire, three phase operation
All models / Max. expanded capacity: 54 kVA (single phase 3-wire), 81 kVA (three phase)
(When used in combination with the parallel operation option)
* The separately-sold expansion operation driver is required.
- Excellent maintenance ability due to the unit configuration
The PCR-LE series (excluding PCR500LE) are a unit type configuration.The power unit can be serviced (replaced) by the unit of 1 kVA.
- Other functions
- Setting output impedance
- Measuring harmonics current
- Soft start (Rise time control)
- Internally fixed Vcc
Easy to buy
Variety mode of payment