Surface Water Absorption Tester, to determine the ability of a terry fabric to rapidly absorb and retain liquid water from surfaces such as human skin, dishes, and furniture.
Specimens are placed at an angle on the base of the apparatus. After water ﬂows down the surface of each specimen, the amount of water retained in each specimen is measured. Six specimens are tested, three on the face of the fabric and three on the back of the fabric. The six observations are averaged to determine the surface water absorption of the fabric.
- Pour Spout: 30+/-2mm (1.18 +/- 0.08 in.)
- Angle of holder: 60°
- Time of water flow: 50ml within 8s
- Distance between Spout and Specimen: 6 +/- 4 mm (0.24 +/- 0.16 in.)
- Weight: 10 kg
- Dimension: 360 mm x 260 mm x 650 mm
- Standard: ASTM D4772-2009, GB/T 22799-2009