- The HI98161 is a rugged, waterproof, portable pH meter that measures pH and temperature using the specialized FC2023 Foodcare pH electrode. This professional, waterproof meter complies with IP67 standards. The HI98161 is supplied with all necessary accessories to perform a pH/temperature measurement packaged into a durable thermoformed carrying case that holds the meters, probes and calibration buffers securely in place.
- Quick Connect DIn Connector
- USB Connection for Data Transfer
- Dedicated Help Button
- For the measurement of pH, the HI98190 comes with an HI12963 titanium body amplified pH electrode with a built-in temperature sensor for automatic temperature compensated readings. The titanium probe body is chemically resistant to aggressive chemicals and is virtually unbreakable. The HI12963 pH/temperature electrode features a newly designed Quick Connect DIN connector that provides a simple waterproof connection without any threads.
- Hanna’s unique CAL Check™ feature alerts the user to potential problems during the calibration process. By comparing previous calibration data to the current calibration, the meter will alert the user with display prompts when the probe needs to be cleaned or is broken, and if the pH buffer might be contaminated. After calibration, the overall probe condition is displayed as a percentage from 0 to 100% in increments of 10%. The probe condition is affected by both the offset and slope characteristics of the pH electrode and is displayed on the measurement screen on the day of calibration and in the GLP data. Calibration can be performed up to five points with seven preprogrammed standard pH buffers and five custom ones to achieve a pH accuracy of ±0.002 with ±0.001 pH resolution.
- Pressing the “AutoHold” virtual key seen in measurement mode, the meter will freeze a stable reading, allowing for the reading to be documented or logged. An “out of calibration range” warning can be enabled that will alert the user when a reading is not within the bracket of calibrated pH values.
- The log-on-demand mode allows the user to record and save up to 200 samples (100 for pH and 100 for mV). This data, along with the associated GLP data, can then be transferred to a PC with Hanna’s HI920015 micro USB cable and HI92000 software.
- The high contrast graphic LCD is easy to read outdoors in bright sunlight as well as in low-lit areas with the use of the backlight. A combination of dedicated and virtual keys allows easy, intuitive operation in a choice of languages.
- The compact, durable carrying case is thermoformed to hold all necessary components for taking a field measurement, including the meter and electrode, beakers, buffer solutions, cleaning solutions, and storage solutions.
Our extensive setup screen features a host of configurable options such as time, date, temperature units and language for help screens and guides.
pH calibration features detailed CAL Check™ messages. Users are guided through the calibration procedure with step-by-step on-screen instructions.
Comprehensive GLP functions are directly accessible by pressing the GLP key. Calibration data, including: date, time, offset, slope and buffers used in the last calibration can be reviewed.
Ergonomic, rugged, waterproof (IP67) design
pH CAL Check™
- Alerts user to potential problems during calibration including when to clean electrode and possible buffer contamination.
- Displays overall probe condition based on offset and slope after calibration
Automatic Temperature Compensation
Five-point pH calibration with seven standard buffers and five custom buffers
- Store measurement data at the press of a button
AutoHold – freezes reading on display upon stabilization
- GLP data including date, time, pH calibration buffers, offset and slope
Calibration timeout to alert the user at a defined interval when the calibration has expired
Multiple language selection
200 hour battery life with battery level displayed on measurement screen
Menu driven for ease of use with virtual-key extended functionality
Contextual help at the press of a button
Backlit, graphic LCD
- PC connectivity via a sealed opto-isolated micro USB and HI92000 software
- PRIMARY APPLICATIONS: Food & Beverage, Plating, Water and Wastewater, Chemical Manufacturing, Agriculture, and Environmental