- HI83300 is a compact, multiparameter photometer for use in the lab or in the field. The meter is one of the most advanced photometers available with a innovative optical design that utilizes a reference detector and focusing lens to eliminate errors from changes in the light source and from imperfections in the glass cuvette. This meter has 60 different programmed methods measuring 37 key water quality parameters and also offers an absorbance measurement mode for performance verification and for users that would like to develop their own concentration versus absorbance curves.
- To save valuable laboratory benchtop space, the HI83300 doubles as a professional pH meter with its digital pH/temperature electrode input. Now one meter can be used for both photometric and pH measurements.
- Advanced optical system
- Unparalleled performance from a benchtop photometer
- Digital pH electrode input
- Save valuable bench space with one meter that works both as a photometer and as a laboratory pH meter
- Absorbance measuring mode
- Allows performance verification using CAL Check standards
- From aluminum to zinc, the HI83300 benchtop photometer measures 37 different key water quality parameters using 60 different methods. This photometer features an innovative optical system that uses LEDs, narrow band interference filters, focusing lens and both a silicon photodetector for absorbance measurement and a reference detector to maintain a consistent light source ensures accurate and repeatable photometric readings every time.
- A digital pH electrode input allows the user to measure pH by a traditional glass electrode. The digital pH electrode has a built in microchip within the probe that stores all of the calibration information. Having the calibration information stored in the probe allows for hot swapping of pH electrodes without having to recalibrate. All pH measurements are automatically compensated for temperature variations with a built in thermistor located in the tip of the sensing bulb for fast and accurate temperature measurement.
- The HI83300 offers an absorbance measuring mode that allows for CAL Check standards to be used to validate the performance of the system. The absorbance mode allows the user to select one of the five wavelengths of light (420 nm, 466 nm, 525 nm, 575 nm, and 610 nm) to measure and plot their own concentration versus absorbance mode. This is useful for users with their own chemical method and for educators to teach the concept of absorbance by using the Beer-Lambert Law.
- Two USB ports are provided for transferring data to a flash drive or computer and to use as a power source for the meter. For added convenience and portability the meter can also operate on an internal 3.7 VDC Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery.
- Backlit 128 x 64 Pixel Graphic LCD Display
- Backlit graphic display allows for easy viewing in low light conditions
- The 128 x 64 Pixel LCD allows for a simplified user interface with virtual keys and on-screen help to guide the user through use of the meter
Built-in Reaction Timer for Photometric Measurements
- The measurement is taken after the countdown timer expires.
- Countdown timer ensures that all readings are taken at the appropriate reaction intervals regardless of user for better consistency in measurements
- Hanna’s exclusive CAL Check cuvettes for validation of light source and detector
- Allows for the user to plot concentration versus absorbance for a specific wavelength for use with user supplied chemistry or for teaching principles of photometry
Units of Measure
- Appropriate unit of measure along with chemical form is displayed along with reading
- Automatically convert readings to other chemical forms with the touch of a button
- Aids in preventing stray light from affecting measurements
- Digital pH Electrode Input
- Measure pH and temperature with a single probe
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) to track calibration information including date, time, buffers used, offset and slope for traceability
- pH CAL Check alerts user to potential problems during the calibration process
- Space saving having a pH meter and photometer built into one meter
- Up to 1000 photometric and pH readings can be stored by simply pressing the dedicated LOG button. Logged readings are just as easily recalled by pressing the RCL button
- Sample ID and User ID information can be added to a logged reading using alphanumeric keypad
- Logged readings can be quickly and easily transferred to a flash drive using the USB-A host port or to a computer using the micro USB-B port
- Data is exported as a .CSV file for use with common spreadsheet programs
Battery Status Indicator
- Indicates the amount of battery life left
- Photometric error messages include no cap, high zero, and standard too low
- pH calibration messages include clean electrode, check buffer and check probe
- On-screen Features
- Method Selection
Users can easily select any one of the 60 measurement methods via the dedicated METHOD button.
- Data Logging
Up to 1000 measurement readings can be logged with user and sample ID and recalled for future use.
- pH Measurement Mode
Selecting the pH measurement mode allows for the photometer to be used as a professional pH meter with many features including temperature compensated measurements, automatic two point calibration, and GLP.
- Advanced Optical System
- HI83300 is designed with an innovative optical system that incorporates a beam splitter so that light can be used for absorbance readings and for a reference detector. The reference detector monitors the intensity of light and modulates when there is drift due to power fluctuation or the heating of the optical components. Each part has an important role in providing unparalleled performance from a photometer.
- High Efficiency LED Light Source
- An LED light source offers superior performance as compared to a tungsten lamp. LEDs have a much higher luminous efficiency, providing more light while using less power. They also produce very little heat, which could otherwise affect the optical components an electronic stability. LEDs are available in a wide array of wavelengths, whereas tungsten lamps are supposed to be white light (all wavelengths of visible light) but actually have a poor blue/violet light output.
- High Quality Narrow Band Interference Filters
- The narrow band interference filter not only ensure greater wavelength accuracy (+/- 1 nm) but are extremely efficient. The filters used allow up to 95% of the light from the LED to be transmitted as compared to other filters that are only 75% efficient. The higher efficiency allows for a brighter, stronger light source. The end result is higher measurement stability and less wavelength error.
- Reference Detector for a Stable Light Source
- A beam splitter is used as part of the internal reference system of the HI83300 photometer. The reference detector compensates for any drift due to power fluctuations or ambient temperature changes. Now you can rely on a stable source of light between your blank (zero) measurement and sample measurement.
- Large Cuvette Size
- The sample cell of the HI83300 fits a round, glass cuvette with a 25 mm path length. Along with the advanced optical components, the larger size of the cuvette greatly reduces errors in rotation from the indexing mark of the cuvettes. The relatively long path length of the sample cuvette allows the light to pass through more of the sample solution, ensuring accurate measurements even in low absorbance samples.
- Focusing Lens for Greater Light Yield
- Adding a focusing lens to the optical path allows for the collection of all of the light that exits the cuvette and focusing the light on the silicon photo detector. This novel approach to photometric measurements cancels the errors from imperfections and scratches present in the glass cuvette eliminating the need to index the cuvette.