- HI97730 is an advanced portable photometer for the measurement of molybdenum in water. This meter offers a superior optical system that utilizes a reference detector and narrow band interference filters for extremely fast and repeatable measurements.
- No warm up time before taking a measurement
- Tutorial mode for step-by-step instructions
- CAL Check to verify meter performance
- Molybdenum is commonly used in creating many types of high strength metals and steel alloys. It has the ability to withstand extremely high temperatures without significant expansion or softening and displays a high resistance to corrosion. Wastewater from industries that use molybdenum must be treated to remove high amounts before discharge into the public collection system.
- The HI97730 uses an adaptation of the mercaptoacetic acid method to measure molybdenum concentrations of less than 40.0 mg/L (ppm). When the three powder packets of reagents are added in succession to a sample containing molybdenum, the sample will turn a yellow hue; the greater the concentration, the deeper the color. The associated color change is then colorimetrically analyzed according to the Beer-Lambert Law. This principle states that light is absorbed by a complementary color, and the emitted radiation is dependent upon concentration. For molybdenum determination, a narrow band interference filter at 420 nm allows only indigo light to be detected by the silicon photodetector and omits all other visible light emitted from the LED lamp. As the change in color of the reacted sample increases, absorbance of the specific wavelength of light also increases, while transmittance decreases.
- LED that generates very little heat.
- 8 nm narrowband interference filter that is accurate to +/- 1 nm.
- Reference detector that modulates the voltage to LED for consistent light output.
- A concave focusing lens that reduces errors from imperfections in the cuvette.
- On-Screen Features
- CAL Check
Advanced features including CAL-Check to verify performance and if necessary, recalibrate.
- Multiple Chemical Forms
Display results in multiple chemical forms.
- Setup Options
Backlit dot matrix LCD that offers an exceptionally intuitive user interface that is easy to read and understand.
- Tutorial Mode
Tutorial mode for step-by-step instructions to guide a first-time user in how to perform a measurement correctly.
- Reaction Timer
Built-in reaction timer that ensures consistency amongst multiple users.
- HI97730 FEATURES/BENEFITS:
- Stable Light Source:
- The internal reference system of the HI97730 photometer compensates for any drifts due to power fluctuations or ambient temperature changes. With a stable source of light the readings are fast and stable between your blank (zero) measurement and sample measurement.
- High Efficiency Light Source:
- LED light sources offer superior performance compared to tungsten lamps. LEDs have a much higher luminous efficiency, providing more light while using less power. They also produce little heat, which could otherwise affect electronic stability.
- High Quality Filters:
- Improved optical filters ensure greater wavelength accuracy and allow a brighter, stronger signal to be received. The end result is higher measurement stability and less wavelength error.
- Greater Light Yield:
- A focusing lens collects all of the light that exits the cuvette, eliminating errors from imperfections and scratches that may be present in the glass. The use of the convex lens reduces the need for indexing cuvettes.
- CAL Check Functionality:
- Hanna’s exclusive CAL Check feature allows for performance verification and calibration of the meter using NIST traceable standards. Our CAL Check standard vials are developed to simulate a specific absorbance value at each wavelength to verify the accuracy of subsequent readings.
- Large Cuvette Size:
- The sample cell of the HI97730 fits a round, glass cuvette with a 25 mm path length. The relatively long path length of the sample cuvette allows the light to pass through more of the sample solution, ensuring accurate measurements even in low absorbance samples.
- Intuitive Dot Matrix Display:
- The HI97730 is designed with a backlit, graphic LCD. With virtual keys, a battery status indicator, and error messages. Users will find the meter interface intuitive and easy to read. A dedicated help key provides information relating to the current meter operation, and can be used at any stage in the setup or measurement process to show contextual help.
- Auto-off Protection:
- The meter uses three common AA batteries that allow for about 800 measurements to be taken. The auto-off feature automatically shuts off the meter after 15 minutes of inactivity in order conserve battery life.