The Cisco® 40GBASE QSFP (Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable) portfolio offers customers a wide variety of high-density and low-power 40 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, high-performance computing 00networks, enterprise core and distribution layers, and service provider applications.
Features and benefits of Cisco QSFP modules
- Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into a 40 Gigabit Ethernet Cisco QSFP port
- Interoperable with other IEEE-compliant 40GBASE interfaces where applicable
- Certified and tested on Cisco QSFP 40G ports for superior performance, quality, and reliability
- High-speed electrical interface compliant to the IEEE 802.3ba standard
- QSFP Form factor, 2-wire I2C communication interface and other low-speed electrical interface compliant to SFF 8436 and QSFP Multisource Agreement (MSA)
Description Cisco QSFP-40G-SR4
The Cisco 40GBASE-SR4 QSFP Modules support link lengths of 100 meters and 150 meters, respectively, on laser-optimized OM3, and OM4/OM5 multimode fibers. It primarily enables high-bandwidth 40G optical links over 12-fiber parallel fiber terminated with MPO/MTP multifiber female connectors. It can also be used in a 4x10G breakout mode for interoperability with 10GBASE-SR and SFP-10/25G-CSR-S (in 10G mode) interfaces up to 100 and 150 meters on OM3, and OM4/OM5 fibers, respectively. The worry-free 4x10G mode operation is enabled by the optimization of the transmit and receive optical characteristics of the Cisco QSFP-40G-SR4 to prevent receiver overload or unnecessary triggering of alarm thresholds on the 10GBASE-SR and SFP-10/25G-CSR-S (in 10G mode) receiver, and at the same time is completely interoperable with all standard 40GBASE-SR4 interfaces.
The 4x10G connectivity is achieved using an external 12-fiber parallel to 2-fiber duplex breakout cable, which connects the 40GBASE-SR4 module to four 10GBASE-SR optical interfaces. Cisco QSFP-40G-SR4 is optimized to guarantee interoperability with any IEEE 40GBASE-SR4 and in 4x10G mode with the 10GBASE-SR and SFP-10/25G-CSR (in10G mode).
Specifications Cisco QSFP-40G-SR4
|Mã sản phẩm||QSFP-40G-SR4|
|Type||40GBASE-SR4, 4 lanes, 850nm MMF|
|Core size (Microns)||50.0 | 500 (OM2)
50.0 | 2000 (OM3)
50.0 | 4700 (OM4/OM5)
|Modal bandwidth (MHz*km)||500 (OM2)
|Power consumption (W)||1.5W|
|Pull tab color||Be|