Leitz PMM-F 30.20.10 and 30.20.16 measuring machines – where accuracy meets throughput. The PMM-F is designed to inspect medium sized components and gears not only with maximum accuracy, but with a high throughput as well. The spindle drive design combined with an overhead structure with minimized mass allows measuring velocities previously unthinkable for measuring machines of this size.
The Leitz PMM-F is a high-accuracy monolithic gantry measuring machine for medium sized workpieces. It achieves high throughput with highest possible accuracy on the shop floor or in the measuring room. The PMM-F is also available with a large measuring volume of up to 9.6 m3. It does not require costly foundations and can therefore be easily moved. Every Leitz PMM-F measuring machine is equipped with an integrated active vibration damping system.
The Leitz LSP-S2 high performance probe head allows High-Speed-Scanning and can handle stylus length of up to 800 mm.
The Leitz PMM-F gear inspection center provides several advantages compared to a conventional single purpose gear testers:
- They are much more flexible, as not only gears but any component can be measured.
- Leitz gear inspection systems work without a rotary table, i.e. alignment or centering of the gear is not required.
- Unrivalled throughput by automatically measuring a large number of gears on one pallet
- Complete inspection of gears mounted on long shafts of up to 3000 mm
- All datums are measured as specified in the drawing, even in large internal gears.
Feature and benefit
- Moving gantry in Overhead Design with minimized moving mass
- Massive U-frame, completely made of granite
- Ceramic Z-ram
- Dual ball spindle drives and dual scales in X
- Leitz LSP-S2 probe system, suitable for stylus extensions up to 800 mm
- Integrated active pneumatic damping system, no foundation required