Product Description Testo DiSCmini
Health risk due to nanoparticles
Previous studies describe the negative impacts of ultrafine particles on health based on vague benchmarks. With the testo DiSCmini, it is now possible to measure the particle number concentration and surface area of occurent nanoparticles, LDSA (Lung Deposited Surface Area).
Typical applications of the DiSCmini include the determination of personal exposure in particle-contaminated workplaces (for example due to diesel soot, welding fumes and industrial nanoparticles) or in vulnerable groups (such as asthmatics or COPD patients). In addition to this, the testo DiSCmini offers various application possibilities in different disciplines of scientific research.
The small size of the testo DiSCmini makes the instrument particularly suitable for mobile on-site measuring tasks and the set-up of networks for the monitoring of ambient air. Thanks to the measurement rate with a time resolution of 1 Hz for all three measurement parameters, you also identify quick alterations in the aerosol number.
testo DiSCmini at a glance
- Hand-held nanoparticle counter for measuring the number and average diameter of nanoparticles, with a time resolution of up to 1 second (1 Hz)
- Simultaneous recording of particle number concentration and particle size enables you to determine other characteristic parameters such as particle surface area (Lung Deposited Surface Area, LDSA)
- Battery operation with a service life of up to 8 hours
- Save the data on a memory card and transfer it to an external computer via USB
- No operating resources such as working fluid or radioactive sources are needed – the testo DiSCmini can be operated over extended periods in any position
- No operating resources such as working fluid or radioactive sources are needed – the testo DiSCmini can be operated over extended periods in any position and with no topping up of any fluid