- 3 Hz to 3000 MHz in two overlapping ranges
- High input sensitivity over the full frequency range
- High impedance measurement up to 125 MHz
- Reciprocal counting technique gives superior resolution
- Period measurement from 3 Hz to 125 MHz
- Battery operation and lightweight, handheld format
- Push-to-measure function with auto power-down
- Large 8+ digit display with full range of annunciators
- Selectable measurement time; display hold function
- Noise filter for low frequency measurements
High measurement accuracy
- The TF930 and TF960 use a high quality temperature compensated internal
frequency reference (TCXO) which has a low aging rate and is stable to within
±1ppm over the full temperature range.
Its short warm-up time allows accurate measurements to be made even under
portable battery powered conditions.
An External Reference input is provided and changeover from the internal
timebase is automatic when an external reference standard is connected.
- For frequency, period and frequency ratio functions the instrument uses a
reciprocal counting technique to provide high resolution at all frequencies.
Eight significant digits of answer are produced in a 1 second measurement
time, nine digits in 10s and ten digits in 100s with a granularity of less than 2
counts in the least significant digit.
Flexible signal conditioning
- Input A has configurable coupling (AC or DC), input impedance (1MW or 50W),
attenuation (1:1 or 5:1), threshold (fully variable) and active edge, and can be
used for frequencies in the range 0.001Hz to >125MHz.
Input B is a nominal 50W input for frequencies in the range 80MHz to
Input C (TF960 only) uses a standard N connector and has a nominal 50W
input for frequencies in the range 1.8GHz to > 6GHz.
Multiple measurement functions
- The TF930 and TF960 can measure frequency, period, pulse width, duty cycle
and frequency ratio, as well as event counting (totalise).
Remote control and read-back via USB
- The TF930 and TF960 incporporate a USB interface which allows it to be
remotely controlled using RS232 protocol via a computer’s USB port.
The remote commands of their predecessor instrument, the TF830, are
compatible with the command set.
Battery operation when needed
- The TF930 and TF960 operate from internal rechargeable NiMH batteries
which give typically 24 hours operating life.
The universal AC charger supplied will recharge the batteries in less than 4
hours and can be used for continuous AC operation.
The instruments can also be powered from a standard USB port.
Ten digit LCD
- The high contrast display has ten 12.5mm (0.5”) high digits along with a
comprehensive set of annunciators.
These show input configuration and function, measurement time and status,
external reference connection, low battery and the units of the measurement
which may be Hz, kHz, MHz, ns, us, ms or s.