- Designed to bring simplicity to pH testing during the wine making process, the HI981033 Wine pH Tester is engineered to solve the challenge of measuring the samples with a high solids content. The built-in probe features a glass body, spherical tip, and Hanna’s Clogging Prevention System (CPS) that resists clogging 20x longer than a standard ceramic frit, making it ideal for measuring the pH during the wine making process.
- ±0.05 pH accuracy
Specialized electrode for spot checking juice, must, and wine
Comes with everything necessary to start measuring right away
- The pH of the skin is slightly acidic at a pH of approximately 5. Having an acidic pH helps to protect against harmful bacteria and fungi while promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria. Disruption of the skin pH can lead to or amplify skin disorders. Many skin care products and soaps are made to be pH balanced so that the product does not alter the pH of skin outside a desirable range.
- The HI981037 Skin & Scalp pH Tester is designed to measure the pH of the skin and scalp. It features a single button operation system and is easy to use. It has a compact and waterproof casing, and automatic pH calibration at one or two points.
The flat tip of the pH electrode provides optimal contact between the skin or scalp, and the sensor. The pH electrode has an open junction design and utilizes a non-flowing gelled reference electrolyte. The flat tip allows the pH sensing surface and reference junction come into contact with the skin or scalp, and equilibrate quickly and reproducibly.
- Flat glass tip: The flat tip provides optimal surface contact for skin or scalp pH measurements, and for surfaces that cannot be penetrated.
- Specialized glass formulation: Specialized low temperature (LT) pH glass ensures fast stabilization and accurate results at lower temperatures.
- Open junction reference: The open junction design uses a solid gel interface between the skin or scalp, and internal Ag/AgCl reference. This interface not only prevents silver from exiting the junction, but also makes it impermeable to clogging, resulting in a fast response and stable reading. This design allows for smaller sample sizes as there is no junction to submerge
We believe that buying a tester should be simple. Your Skin & Scalp pH Tester is equipped with everything you need for successful testing right out of the box.
Cleaning and Disinfection Solution
Your Skin pH Tester comes with all the required solution like cleaning and disinfection solution for skin residual.
pH 4 and pH 7
When performing a pH calibration it is important that the correct buffers are used. We include some start buffers to get you going. The single-use sachets are individually sealed so you use fresh buffer each time you calibrate.
Proper storage of your electrode will ensure reliable measurements and a long electrode life. Our storage solution is specially formulated to keep the pH glass hydrated while minimizing organic growth.
- Displays the measurement reading, stability indicator, low battery indicator, and calibration tags.
- This pH tester is calibrated automatically to one or two points. Buffers are recognized automatically and after calibration, buffer values used are shown on the display.
- An hourglass indicator is displayed on the LCD until a stable reading is obtained.
- The meter can be set to automatically turn off after 8 minutes or 60 minutes to conserve battery life in the event that the meter is left on. The auto-off feature can also be disabled.
- During calibration the meter will display error (Err) message as an indicator that the probe needs to be cleaned.
Low Battery Indicator
- The skin & scalp pH tester has an exceptional battery life of approximately 1000 hours. When the battery power is running low, a low battery indicator is displayed.