The dual range sensor offers the advantage of freely scalable range switching, which allows highly accurate measurement of both the peak and particularly the operating torque. The sensor offers an integrated high resolution speed/angle measurement sensor up to 8 192 pulses/revolution, freely scalable. Additionally, the rotational direction as well as an absolute zero point (Z-line) are available. Power is supplied and the measurement signals transferred
between the rotating shaft and the case without contact. In addition to suitable mounting of the shaft, low production tolerances and high grade balancing, this is a further prerequisite for the high speed limit of up to 50 000 1/min achieved with the “H” version.
The Type 4503B… torque sensors are used:
• In automotive and vehicle engineering
• In the aeronautical industry
• In mechanical and process plant engineering
• In electric motor manufacture
They are universal in application, being suitable for the development laboratory, production or quality assurance. With a torque sensor Type 4503B… you will solve your measurement requirement. They are typically used for testing of electric motors, generators, drive performance, measurement of transmission or spindle drive friction, at a manual workstation or in networked, automated production cells.
Type 4503B… torque sensors with built-in speed sensor operate on the strain gage principle. An integral, digital measurement conditioning system produces analog or digital output signals.
• Rated torque: 0,2 … 5 000 N∙m
• Ratio for second range: 1:10 or 1:5 of rated torque
• Speed ranges up to 50 000 1/min
• Accuracy class in standard measuring range: 0,05/0,1 In the extended measuring range: 0,1/0,2/0,4
• Integral speed sensor, high resolution speed/angle measurement sensor up to 8 192 pulses/revolution as option
• Serial data output RS-232C and USB interface
Additional advantages of second range:
• Freely selectable torque output frequency or voltage
• One sensor for two separately calibrated measuring ranges