Component tests up to 125 A DC bias current
- To evaluate components at currents up to 125 A the 3265B DC Bias Units are used with either the Wayne Kerr 3255B series of Inductance Analyzers or the 3260B Precision Magnetics Analyzer. When one 3265B/25A or 3265BQ/25A DC Bias Unit is connected to an instrument up to 25 A of DC bias current can be set in steps of 25 mA with one unit. Additional DC Bias Units can be added such that with five units connected in parallel it is possible to set DC bias currents up to a maximum of 125 A DC.
- The 3255BL may only be used with the 3265B/5A and 3265B/10A, 5A and 10A DC bias units. Multiple instruments may be connected in parallel to give a maximum DC bias current of up to 50A which may be set in steps of 25 mA.
- The instruments have a number of safety and protection features including a safety interlock system to protect the user against back EMFs. They are also fully protected against over temperature, excess voltage drop and sense lead failure.
SMD inductor tests up to 50 A
- With the addition of the 1009 DC Bias Fixture DC bias currents up to 50 A can be applied to an SMD inductor during component test in order to evaluate the devices thoroughly at the operational bias currents.
- The fixture operates with either one or two 3265B DC bias units and a 3260B Precision Magnetics Analyzer. The optional 1009 high current lead set will be required if two 3265B/25As are used.
- Four front panel mounted BNC connectors and two captive high current cables ensure simplicity and ease of use with a 3265B.
- Interchangeable component test carriers ensure that the 1009 DC Bias Fixture may be used with a wide variety of devices. Blank carriers are available which enable device specific test fixtures to be developed or alternatively a carrier design and manufacturing service is available.
- 2 Models: 3265B/25A, and 3265BQ/25A
- Enhance usability of Wayne Kerr Inductance Analyzers 3255B, 3255BQ, and Precision Magnetics Analyzer 3260B
- Testing wound devices under application conditions
- 25 mA to 25A of DC bias current in 0.025 A steps
- Up to 11 V DC compliance voltage
- Applicable for measurement functions L, R, D, Q, Z
- Wide frequency range of 20 Hz to 3MHz
- 0.1% basic accuracy
- 4 or 2 terminal measurements
- Up to 5 bias units may be connected in parallel to provide five times the output current
- Up to 3 MHz and 50A is available when two 3265BQs are used
- Safety interlock to protect operator from back-EMFs
- Easily rack-mountable with inductance analyzer
|Measurement Function||In impedance mode: L, Z, R, Q, D.|
Not applicable to Rdc, or transformer measurements
|Frequency Range||3255BL 20 Hz to 200 kHz (not compatible with 3265B/25A and 3265BQ/25A)|
3255B 20 Hz to 500 kHz
3255BQ 20 Hz to 1 MHz
3260B 20 Hz to 3 MHz (3265BQ/25A)
|Compliance Voltage||Maximum compliance votage (<12 kHz) 11 V DC at 0.25 V AC drive level.|
10 V compliance at 1 V AC drive level. For f>12 kHz deduct 0.5 V.
|Basic Accuracyy||±1%, Varies with measurement speed, frequency and options chosen.|
|Measurement Speeds||4 speeds selectable (20/sec max)|
|Input Specification||Universal 90 to 255 V AC, 47 to 63 Hz|
Input current 9 A rms max.
Power factor >0.9
Unit powers up automatically when connected to a powered
analyzer. Isolating switch provided
|Measurement Connections||2-terminals measurement via M8 studs.|
4-terminal measurement via Kelvin leads and M8 studs.
Measurement terminals internally protected by 1.6A fuses against
normal inductor back-EMF or accidental disconnection of inductor.
Front panel fuses easily replaced.