In the CARBstrato series, a single-arm system with one main unit and a dual-arm system with two main units installed are available. A four-arm system can also be made as an option. If a single item part is to be measured at high speed, the single-arm machine is optimal. If a body shell or a large part is to be measured at high speed, the dual-arm specification is optimal. In the dual-arm machine, both arms can share one workpiece coordinate system while the software performs an automatic interference check to prevent one arm colliding with the other. A dual-arm machine can be separated so as to operate independently as two single-arm machines if required.
- High speed, high stability, and environmentally robust durability providing around-the-clock operation while delivering reliability and high accuracy
- Backlash free mechanism X-axis drive and air bearings and a friction drive system for Y- and Z-axes minimizes vibrations during movement
- The top of the base houses the X-axis protected with diamond steel plating for operator safety and accessibility to the parts being measured
- A light-sensitive safety device installed in the Y-axis-arm bellows stops all movement immediately when the arm comes into contact with a workpiece, clamp or anything else during measurement providing optimal operator safety
- Stable measurement results are achieved with continuous scanning probes (contact or noncontact type)
- Implementation of 3-point support method maintains long-term accuracy independently of foundation deformation
- Real-time CMM and workpiece temperature compensation (standard feature)