EpoxySet is a very low viscosity epoxy offering excellent flow and penetration. It is extremely hard, crystal clear, and exhibits firm adhesion with virtually no shrinkage. Its low curing temperature is ideal for heat sensitive samples.
Cold mounting materials are used to encapsulate samples that cannot withstand the heat and pressure of compression mounting, when better flow and penetration of the mounting material is needed or when a large quantity of samples must be encapsulated at once.
Epoxies are typically chosen for their excellent flow and penetration and are used when better adhesion, less shrinkage and clarity are required.
* Cure time: 8 hours at room temperature (1¼” diameter x 1″ thick)
* 89 Shore D hardness
* Excellent adhesion, with virtually no shrinkage
* Low viscosity allows penetration into small crevices/holes
* Peak curing temperature: (54°C/130°F)
* Heat (38°C/100°F) accelerates cure time to 2 hours
|145-20000||EpoxySet Kit, Incl. 128 oz. (3.6 kg) Resin, 16 oz. (450 g) Hardener, 50 Mixing Cups, 50 Stir Sticks|
|145-20015||EpoxySet Resin, 51 oz. (1.5 kg)|
|145-20005||EpoxySet Resin, 128 oz. (3.6 kg) with pump|
|145-20020||EpoxySet Hardener, 7 oz. (200 g)|
|145-20010||EpoxySet Hardener, 16 oz. (450 g)|