- The 40AP-FV is an IEC 61094 WS2P ½” externally polarized pressure microphone with front venting.
- It is a high-precision condenser microphone made according to IEC 61094-4 requirements and is ideal for coupler and boundary measurements in both laboratory and production environments. It is extremely robust and reliable and can measure sound pressure levels up to 160 dB within 3.15 Hz to 20 kHz. Because of its high sensitivity, it can also measure sound pressure levels down to 16 dB(A). If needed, the 40AP can also be used as a random-incidence microphone.
- 40AP-FV is individually factory-calibrated and delivered with a calibration chart stating its specific open-circuit sensitivity and pressure frequency response.
Typical applications and use
- The 40AP-FV is especially suited for audiometer calibration when using a sound level meter / analyzer with a 200 V polarization feature.
- It is used for production line testing in coupler setups for test of hearing aids, earphones, headphones, and headsets.
- The 40AP-FV requires a standardized ½” or ¼” LEMO preamplifier and an input module that supports this technology with a 7-pin LEMO connector.
- For daily verification and check of your measurement setup, we recommend using a calibrator like GRAS Sound Level Calibrator 42AG
- For proper sensitivity calibration, we recommend using a pistonphone like GRAS Intelligent Pistonphone 42AP