- GRAS 40AC is a high-precision condenser microphone made according to IEC 61094-4 requirements. The 40AC’s design is based on the original reference 1/2″ pressure microphone, but optimized for free-field measurements. This results in a doubling of the upper 3 dB frequency limit. All other parameters remain unchanged, making 40AC the perfect free-field complement to the original GRAS 40AG 1/2″ Ext. Polarized Pressure Microphone.
- The 40AC is individually factory-calibrated and delivered with a calibration chart stating its specific open-circuit sensitivity, pressure, and corrected free-field frequency responses.
Typical applications and use
- The compact design and low sensitivity make 40AC extremely robust and stable. This, combined with its wide frequency range, makes it an all-round free-field microphone suitable for both field-work and precision laboratory measurements. It is also ideal as a working standard microphone in calibration laboratories that offer free-field calibration.
- 40AC requires a standardized 1/2″ or 1/4″ Lemo compatible preamplifier and an input module with a 7-pin Lemo connector that provides polarization and supply voltages for microphone and preamplifier.
- For daily verification and check of your measurement setup, we recommend using a calibrator like GRAS 42AG Sound Calibrator, Class 1.
- For proper sensitivity calibration, we recommend using a pistonphone like GRAS 42AP Intelligent Pistonphone, Class 0.
- When leaving the factory, all GRAS microphones have been calibrated in a controlled laboratory environment using traceable calibration equipment. Depending on the use, measurement environment and internal quality control programs we recommend that the microphone is recalibrated at least once a year.
- We offer two kinds of calibration as an optional after-sales service: GRAS Traceable Calibration and GRAS Accredited Calibration.
- GRAS Traceable Calibration is a traceable calibration performed by trained personnel under controlled conditions according to established procedures and standards. This is identical to the rigorous calibration that all GRAS microphones are subjected to as an integral part of our quality assurance.
- GRAS Accredited Calibration is performed by the GRAS Accredited Calibration Laboratory that has been accredited in accordance with ISO 17025 by DANAK, the Danish Accreditation Fund.
- If you want a new microphone set delivered with an accredited calibration in stead of the default factory calibration, specify this when ordering.
- Learn more at gras/calib.