- The PLACID PMP21 is a high-precision condenser microphone manufactured in compliance with the IEC 61094-4 requirements and classified as a class 1 microphone.
- The PMP21 microphone is optimized for free-field measurements.
As all PLACID microphones, the PMP21 comes with an individual calibration certificate.
- The PLACID PMP21 microphone requires a standardized 1/2″ BNC preamplifier that does not need to provide polarization.
- The PMP21 is a robust and stable microphone and is being used as an all-round free-field microphone suitable for laboratory as well as field jobs.
- PLACID recommends calibration before and after each measurement with a calibrator.
- All PLACID microphones are being calibrated in a controlled laboratory environment using traceable calibration equipment complying with ISO17025 standards. We recommend that all PLACID microphones are re-calibrated every year to guarantee optimized usage. PLACID Traceable Calibration is performed by our qualified staff and under controlled conditions according to the procedures and standards such as ISO17025.
- All PLACID microphones are made of high-quality materials that will ensure long stability and durability. The microphone diaphragm, body, and protection grid are made of high-grade stainless steel, which makes the microphone resistant to physical damage. PLACID offers 2 years warranty against defective materials and workmanship.