- Sound-power measurements
- Sound-source location and ranking
- Sound Intensity mapping
- The GRAS 50AI-L 1/2″ CCP Intensity Probe is a sound intensity probe for direct connection to LMS data acquisition modules with ICP inputs.
- The probe includes a pair of phase matched prepolarized measurement microphones that meet the requirements of IEC standard 61043 for a class-1 intensity probe. The small rugged ¼” CCP preamplifiers ensure minimum disturbances to the sound field for accurate measurements in the full frequency range.
- The probe set includes solid interchangeable spacers for microphone separation. These spacers can be easily interchanged without dismantling the probe.
- The 50AI-L comes with spacers from 12 mm to 100 mm so that the probe can cover the frequency range from 30 Hz to 10 kHz.
- All components are made specifically for sound intensity applications. Both small ¼” diameter by 40 mm long microphone preamplifiers are housed in robust, stainless steel casings. This enables novel probe designs for reducing disturbances to the sound field otherwise brought about by the effects of shadows and diffraction, and a symmetry that enables reliable calibrations as described in the proposed standard (ISO/DIS 9614-2) for sound power measurements using sound intensity measurements.
- The microphone is a ½” free-field prepolarized microphone with a uniquely-designed pressure equalisation system that ensures extremely well defined phase characteristics.
- The microphone and preamplifier are mounted on a swivel head on the telescopic arm of the handle. This flexible solution allows measurements very close to the sound source.
- The 50AI-L is assembled and tested by GRAS before leaving the factory. An individual test certificate is included.
- Before leaving the factory, all GRAS products are calibrated in a controlled laboratory environment using traceable calibration equipment. We recommend a yearly recalibration at minimum, depending on the use, measurement environment, and internal quality control programs. We recommend calibration prior to each use to ensure the accuracy of your measurements.
- All GRAS products are made of high-quality materials that will ensure life-long stability and robustness. The 50AI-L is delivered with a 5-year warranty.
- Damaged diaphragms in microphones can be replaced. The warranty does not cover products that are damaged due to negligent use, an incorrect power supply, or an incorrect connection to the equipment.
- For more information, contact your GRAS representative.
Service and Repair
- All repairs are made at GRAS International Support Center located in Denmark. Our Support Center is equipped with the newest test equipment and staffed with dedicated and highly skilled engineers. Upon request, we make cost estimates based on fixed repair categories.
- If a product covered by warranty is sent for service, it is repaired free of charge, unless the damage is the result of negligent use or other violations of the warranty. All repairs are delivered with a service report, as well as an updated calibration chart.