The CT20 is an electronic tool for electricians, alarm, cable installers and others who routinely need to check circuits for continuity and also identify cables and wires. It allows a single user to quickly identify and label two wires even when the wire ends are located in different rooms. It can accommodate test wire lengths up to 10,000-feet (3,000 meters), 26-gauge minimum. The CT20’s Remote Continuity mode allows the user to check continuity and to identify two or more cables/wires simultaneously.
- A bright flashing LED and loud pulsating beeper indicate local continuity
- Remote continuity with the use of the remote probe
- Flashing remote probe – two lead, bi-color (red/green) LED probe allows a single user to identify up to three wires or cables at a time
- Lightweight and pocketsized, clips on and hangs from the cable(s) under test without falling off
- Great for Electricians and Helpers, Cable TV and Audio System Installers, Alarm Technicians, Plumbers, HVAC Installers etc.
|Power supply||9 Volt Battery|
|Battery life||Approx. 12 months with normal use.|
|Continuity confirmation||Equal to or less than 2.0 K Ohms|
|Continuity drive current:||Pulsed (2.0 Hz) 20 – 50mA at 10 Ohms and 2.0mA – 8.0mA at 1000 Ohms.|
|Wire Verification Distance||10,000 ft., 3,000 m (26 Gage min.)|
|Fuse||250V 0.5A fast blow|
|Operating Temperature||-12 to 45°C (10°F to 113°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 80°C (-4 to 176°F)|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 90% RH (non-condensing)|
|Dimensions||90 x 57 x 29mm (3.6 x 2.2 x 1.14″)|