The X-Rite VS450 is a benchtop spectrophotometer that operates in a non-contact mode. It can measure a sample from a distance without being affected by ambient light. The VS450 can be used to measure wet samples, large or bulky items, or substances such as food that would require a protective barrier for conventional measurement.
- Control day-to-day color production with a defined, standard procedure that saves time, cost, and effort.
- Establish a “wet tolerance” in order to produce a good result in a final dry-to-dry comparison.
- Compensate for the difference in appearance between wet and dry standards, when combined with Color iMatch software.
- Use this non-contact instrument to measure large or bulky items or materials such as food that may require a protective barrier when using a contact instrument that can affect measurement accuracy.
- Benefit from minimal maintenance requirements since the optical system never comes in contact with samples and thus remains uncontaminated.
|Short Term Repeatability – White||0.025 max DEab at 12 mm|
0.035 max DEab at 6 mm
|Short Term Repeatability – Blue||Not published|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.15 DEab avg on BCRA tiles|
|Illumination Spot Size||Not published|
|Image Contact During Measurements||Non-Contact|
|Lamp Life||20 million flashes|
|Light Source||Full spectrum LED|
|Measurement Cycle Time||1 second|
|Measurement Spot||12 mm and 6 mm|
|Measurement Time||750 ms|
|Measurement Working Distance||1.5 inches|
|Patch Size||6 mm or 12 mm|
|Photometric Range||0 to 150% reflectance|
|Photometric Resolution||10 nm intervals|
|Spectral Analyzer||10 nm intervals|
|Spectral Range||400-700 nm @ 10 nm|
|Spectral Reporting||400-700 nm @ 10 nm|
|Aperture||12 mm and 6 mm|
|Reflectance Aperture(s)||12 mm and 6 mm|
|Humidity||0 to 85% RH, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range||10° to 40° C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-20° to 70° C|
|Minimum Order Quantity||1|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||9.75″ L x 6.0″ W x 5.57″ H|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)||10″ L x 17″ W x 11″ H|
|Shipped Weight||12 pounds|
|Software Development Kit||Yes|
|Status Panel||No status panel|
|Voltage||Universal power supply, 100-240 VAC|
|Warm Up Time||3 minutes|
|Industry Standards||None published|
|Embedded NetProfiler Support||No|
|Internal Temperature & Humidity Sensor||No|