- HI97708 is an advanced portable photometer for the measurement of low levels of nitrite in water. This meter offers a superior optical system that utilizes a reference detector and narrow band interference filters for extremely fast and repeatable measurements.
- No warm up time before taking a measurement
- Tutorial mode for step-by-step instructions
- CAL Check to verify meter performance
- Nitrites can be harmful to aquatic organisms even in low concentrations and for this reason, they are closely monitored in aquaculture facilities. In cooling towers, however, an adequate amount of nitrites is necessary to prevent corrosion. In high concentrations, they can be harmful to the environment and to humans. They are, therefore, normally monitored to verify the quality of water for domestic use, as well as lakes and ponds.
- Nitrites are an intermediate product in the nitrogen cycle and are produced by ammonia oxidation with water, or even originate in industrial waste directly. They must not be present in drinking water.
- The HI97708 uses an adaptation of the ferrous sulfate method to measure nitrate up to 150 mg/L (ppm). When the reagent is added to samples containing nitrite, the sample will turn a pink tint; the greater the concentration, the deeper the color. The associated color change is then colorimetrically analyzed according to the Beer-Lambert Law. This principle states that light is absorbed by a complimentary color, and the emitted radiation is dependent upon concentration. For low levels of nitrite, a narrow band interference filter at 575 nm. As the change in color of the reacted sample increases, absorbance of the specific wavelength of light also increases, while transmittance decreases.
- LED that generates very little heat.
- 8 nm narrowband interference filter that is accurate to +/- 1 nm.
- Reference detector that modulates the voltage to LED for consistent light output.
- A concave focusing lens that reduces errors from imperfections in the cuvette.
- On-Screen Features
- CAL Check
Advanced features including CAL-Check to verify performance and if necessary, recalibrate.
- Multiple Chemical Forms
Results can be displayed in multiple chemical forms.
- Setup Options
Setup options for meter personalization include date and time format, language, and enabling the tutorial mode.
- Tutorial Mode
Tutorial mode for step-by-step instructions to guide a first-time user in how to perform a measurement correctly.
- Reaction Timer
Built-in reaction timer that ensures consistency amongst multiple users.
- HI97708 FEATURES/BENEFITS:
- Stable Light Source:
- The internal reference system of the HI97708 photometer compensates for any drifts due to power fluctuations or ambient temperature changes. With a stable source of light the readings are fast and stable between your blank (zero) measurement and sample measurement.
- High Efficiency Light Source:
- LED light sources offer superior performance compared to tungsten lamps. LEDs have a much higher luminous efficiency, providing more light while using less power. They also produce little heat, which could otherwise affect electronic stability.
- High Quality Filters:
- Improved optical filters ensure greater wavelength accuracy and allow a brighter, stronger signal to be received. The end result is higher measurement stability and less wavelength error.
- Greater Light Yield:
- A focusing lens collects all of the light that exits the cuvette, eliminating errors from imperfections and scratches that may be present in the glass. The use of the convex lens reduces the need for indexing cuvettes.
- CAL Check Functionality:
- Hanna’s exclusive CAL Check feature allows for performance verification and calibration of the meter using NIST traceable standards. Our CAL Check standard vials are developed to simulate a specific absorbance value at each wavelength to verify the accuracy of subsequent readings.