- The IQ Fiber Master is a standalone and economical multi-port CPRI-based RF and PIM analyzer
PIM and RF analysis has never been so lightweight, portable, and easy-to-use
- The IQ Fiber Master MT2780A PIM and RF analyzer is a CPRI-based solution that provides critical PIM diagnosis across multiple bands and sectors using live traffic. Cell sites remain active during testing as this instrument uses a non-invasive process to report real-time results. Identify PIM levels, locations, and conduct RF spectrum analysis to efficiently hunt and debug PIM and interference issues.
- Use live traffic to get an accurate picture of cell site environment – no site turn down, no tower climb
- Monitor up to three downlinks and one uplink during PIM over CPRI testing for analysis of multi-band sites or 4×4 MIMO antennas
- Resolve intermittent PIM problems by continuously monitoring cell site remotely for days or weeks; IQ Fiber Master MT2780A automatically records and captures PIM events with time stamping to make debugging easier
- Support for all 4G/LTE bands and bandwidths and MIMO configurations up to 4×4 MIMO; supports CPRI line rates 1-8 as well as equipment from all major manufacturers including ALU, Ericsson, Nokia, Huawei, and Samsung.
RF Interference Hunting
- With the ability to display 12 AXC traces at once, view the RF spectrum of live traffic of one or multiple sectors/bands to easily identify both static and dynamic interference sources that may be present. Further characterize the interference sources with various display options like spectrogram and resolution bandwidth adjustments
PIM Analysis and Diagnosis
- Automatic test scenarios allow users to quickly and easily determine if PIM is present and its severity with the push of a button.
- PIM location (DTP) will determine where PIM is relative to the antenna. The IQ Fiber Master MT2780A can be left at the BBU location for days or weeks and remotely monitored to capture and log PIM events. If PIM is at an unacceptable level, the instrument can determine if it is internal to the radio equipment or caused externally.
- At co-located cell sites, 2 or 3 different bands can produce PIM products in their uplinks. The IQ Fiber Master MT2780A support of four CPRI links makes multi-band analysis much easier than with traditional PIM hunting solutions. Each respective link is plugged into the instrument and the PIM measurement is automatically reported.