HIGH PRECISION VERTICAL GRINDING MACHINES
– The EVG Series Vertical Grinding Machine is designed to grind advanced materials to a high degree of precision in flatness and surface quality, often reducing or eliminating the need for lapping.
– The compact design with advanced controls and process monitoring make this an ideal machine for use in research & development or for pilot line production of advanced components
Some of the ideal applications for the EVG Series:
– Semiconductor wafer grinding or back-thinning (SiC, GaAs, Sapphire, Si, GaN, AlN, InP)
– Semiconductor equipment components (ceramic chucks, glass ceramic)
– Substrates for semiconductor advanced packaging including MEMS (ceramic, polyimide)
The EVG-AD and EVG-ADM models are equipped with controls that provide automated grinding wheel dressing, automated positioning of the grinding wheel relative to the workpiece and workpiece thickness measurement. For maximum control, an upgrade to in-process thickness measurement with feedback to the grinding cycle in real time, is available. The ADM model offers automated thickness options: multipoint contact probing for multiple wafer grinding or a choice of contact or non-contact continuous inprocess measurement for single wafer.
GRINDING WHEEL TECHNOLOGY
The EVG Series machines are equipped with Engis grinding wheels based on the MAD Wheel (Mixed Abrasive Diamond) technology, which tailors the wheel to the material being processed. Consult your Engis application engineer for specific process recommendations for your material.
Engis is a global leader in the design and manufacture of complete lapping and polishing systems that offer the highest quality finished components, processed in the quickest cycle times, while minimizing
manufacturing costs. What really sets us apart from the competition is our unique ability to provide Process Development and Customer Support that is second to none. Our systems are suitable for processing a vast range of materials: metals, ceramics, glass, semiconductor substrates, plastics and other advanced materials. We have developed solutions for many industries, improving quality, efficiency, and cost.
- We offer Products, Service and Technical Support.
- Lapping and Polishing Systems
- Fastlap Machines
- Hyprez Slurries and Diamond Compounds
Worktable Chuck Size: ∅250
Wheel Size: ∅255
Interface: Programmble Logic Controller
Workable speed: 400 rpm max, CW & CWW rota
Wheel Speed: 2000 rpm max, CW & CWW rotation
Min feed speed: 6um/min(0.1um/sec), optional: 0.6um/min(0.01um/sec)
Max feed rate: 60um/min (10um/sec)
Worktable Chuck: Vacuum Chuck
Wheel Spindle Bearing: Angular contact bearing
Wheel Spindle Motor: 5kW
Coolant Tank/Pump Flow: 50L/8L/min
Operating Voltage: AC200V+/-10%, 3 phasem 50/60Hz