– Fillable + micro-volume combination electrode for pH measurement.
This electrode is designed for measuring the pH in micro-recipients and/or with small samples. It is ideal for any application where the small quantity of the sample makes it precious.
Combination electrode = reference electrode + measurement electrode in the same housing
– For applications in the lab and in the field
The BRV5 electrode can be supplied in two versions, according to the type of glass blown: either glass A or glass H. The difference between these two types of glass lies in the properties of the glass. Glass A allows measurements in highly alkaline environments and its measurement range extends from 0 to 14, whereas glass H is a universal glass allowing accurate measurements up to pH 12.
The glass is the element sensitive to oxonium ions(H3O+(aq)) when the electrode is immersed in an aqueous solution, because the potentials are different on either side of the glass membrane due to the different ion exchanges between the membrane and the solution.
– Filled with liquid electrolyte: KCl 1 mol/L
Advantages of a liquid electrolyte:
-> Possibility of topping up or emptying the electrolyte in the event of contamination -> extension of the electrode’s life span.
Advantages of KCl 1 mol/L:
-> Less crystallization if the liquid evaporates on the membrane
-> Reduced risk of clogging the junction
=> Extension of the electrode’s life span
– Spherical glass membrane termination
The glass membrane of a pH electrode may have various shapes and properties depending on the application for which the electrode is intended. The selection criteria are: the consistency of the sample, its volume, its temperature, its ion concentration and the required measurement range.
– Diameter of the extremely thin glass bulb: Ø ~ 5.5/5 mm, allows differentiation between the BRV5A/H and the BRV4A/H electrode
– Several types of connection technology are available for adaptation to all your instruments