The MIT400/2 series of CAT IV insulation and continuity testers have been designed for use in an exceptionally wide range of applications including electrical installations, cable testing, motor testing, automotive, ESD, panel building, avionics and maintenance.
The MIT400/2 series enhances insultation testing with feedback-controlled test voltages to limit overvoltage to 2 %, rather than the industry standard 10 to 20 %. Additionally, a variable range has been added to allow any intermediate voltage from 50 V to 1000 V in 10 V steps, where application-specific test voltages are required that do not appear in the standard ranges.
Replacing the original MIT400 instruments, the new units feature a redesigned case, back stand, and 6 cell battery compartments with separate fuse access. All instruments are over-moulded for increased protection and achieve an IP54 weatherproof rating. What’s more, the MIT400/2 makes continuity testing significantly faster, and a single auto-ranging 0.01 Ω to 1.0 MΩ function replaces the ‘ohms’ and ‘kOhms’ ranges. Retained are the 200 mA and 20 mA test options.
- Insulation testing up to 1000 V and 200 GΩ range
- Stabilised insulation test voltage (New)
- Single range, faster continuity testing from 0.01 Ω to 1 MΩ (New)
- 600 V T RMS AC and DC voltage measurement
- Live circuit detection and protection
- User variable insulation test voltage from 100V to 1000V (New) depending on model
- Test result storage and Bluetooth® downloading depending on model
- Rechargeable options for mains and car charging (New)depending on model
- CAT IV 600 V and IP54