Silicon Carbide and Silicon Dioxide lapping films consists of a mylar film coated with resin containing either silicon carbide or silicon dioxide particles. They are recommended for fine grinding and lapping applications where edge retention is important.
* Micron graded premium abrasives to produce precise finishes in grades 30 to 1 micron
* Precision backing for uniformity and sample planarity
* Resists water, oil and most solvents
* Color-coded for quick identification
* Use for encapsulated or non-encapsulated samples
* Not recommended for power head applications
Silicon Carbide: recommended for non-ferrous metals and polymers.
Silicon Dioxide: recommended as an alternative to colloidals and cloths for final polish on SEM and TEM samples.
|50-20075||Silicon Carbide Lapping Film, 30 Micron, 8″ Disc (Pk/50)|
|50-20080||Silicon Carbide Lapping Film, 15 Micron, 8″ Disc (Pk/50)|
|50-20085||Silicon Carbide Lapping Film, 9 Micron, 8″ Disc (Pk/50)|
|50-20090||Silicon Carbide Lapping Film, 5 Micron, 8″ Disc (Pk/50)|
|50-20105||Silicon Carbide Lapping Film Assortment Pack, 8″ Disc (10 each of 30, 15, 9, & 5 Micron)|
|50-20097||Silicon Dioxide Final Lapping Film, 0.01 Micron, 8″ Disc (Pk/20)|